Vegetarian Bean Chili
Vegetarian Bean Chili – A delicious recipe for the slow cooker
- 2 Cans Diced Tomatoes (28 oz)
- 2 Tablespoons Vegetable Oil
- 3 Medium Onions, minced
- 8 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1/4 Cup Chili Powder
- 2 Tablespoons Ground Cumin Salt
- 1 Can Pinto Beans, drained
- 1 Can Black Beans, drained
- 2 Can Dark Red Kidney Beans, drained
- 1-3 Tablespoons Minced Chipotle Chile in Adobe Sauce
- 4 Teaspoons Sugar
- 2 Cups Frozen Corn, thawed
- 1/2 Cup Minced Cilantro Leaves
Pulse the tomatoes with their juice in a food processor until slightly chunky, about 5 pulses; set aside.
Heat the oil in a 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat until shimmering but not smoking.
Add the onions, garlic, chili powder, cumin, and 1/4 teaspoon salt and cook until the onions are softened and lightly browned, 10 to 15 minutes.
Off the heat, stir in the processed tomatoes, scraping up any browned bits.
Transfer the onion and tomato mixture to the slow cooker, stir in the beans, chipotles, and sugar until evenly combined.
Cover and cook on low until the chili is flavorful, 7 to 8 hours (alternatively, cover and cook on high for 4 to 5 hours).
Stir in the corn and cilantro, cover, and continue to cook until the corn is heated through, about 5 minutes longer.
Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve.
Leave a Review
You must be logged in to post a comment.