Everything but the Kitchen Sink Vegetable Soup
10 Can Soup – A delicious recipe for the slow cooker.
BIG thanks to Larry North for coming on and sharing this incredibly easy and incredibly healthy meal! The best thing about this meal is everything is optional,...
Before serving, fluff with a fork and fold in cilantro. Plate up with a quarter of a lime on the side of each serving.
My mama's recipe and what I like to call 'everything but the kitchen sink' vegetable soup
- 1 Potato
- 1 (15 oz) Can kitchen cut green beans
- 1 (15 oz) Can diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 oz) Can limas, drained
- 15 Ounces whole kernel corn
- 1 (8 oz) Can carrots, drained
- 16 Ounces okra, frozen
- 1 1/2 - 2 Pounds ground beef or turkey (optional)
- 1-2 Cups frozen white peas, thawed and drained
- 15 Ounces tomato sauce
Throw all ingredients, except potato and white peas, into the slow cooker
Turn slow cooker on low and cook all day.
Add potato and white peas 3 hours before serving. Otherwise they will become mushy and fall apart. You may even prep the day before and keep in the refrigerator overnight to allow further blending of flavors.
Leave a Review
You must be logged in to post a comment.