This is a sweet chili. My awesome sister in-law gave me this recipe from her church cookbook. You can eat as a dip with fritos scoops or as chili with bread...
Sloppy Joes recipe for the crock pot that is both delicious and easy
Pair this with brimming bowlfuls of your favorite crackers and watch it disappear in record time.
This is a delicious vegetarian marinara with a kick! If you want it a little less spicy feel free to play with the red pepper flakes, but this veggie packed sauce is a must try!
Submitted By: Shari Walker
- 2 (28 oz) cans crushed tomato
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 rib of celery, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled and chopped
- 8 ounces chopped mushroom
- 1 medium eggplant, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup chopped spinach
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- pepper to taste
- ½ cup fresh basil, chopped
Add all ingredients except the basil into your slow cooker.
Cook on LOW for 6 hours.
Once finished, discard bay leaves. Add fresh, aromatic basil and serve over whole wheat pasta or spaghetti squash!
Leave a Review
You must be logged in to post a comment.