Tequila Sunrise Spiced Shrimp Couscous
This is different from your typical soup because it has a hearty thickness to it that won’t leave you hungry. Served with crunchy corn chips and some of your...
Spaghetti Corn – Spaghetti corn is great in the slow cooker
Wondering what to do with that leftover turkey? We thought it would be yummy to put together a turkey soup instead of eating leftovers for days! With small...
Before serving, fluff with a fork and fold in cilantro. Plate up with a quarter of a lime on the side of each serving.
- 1 Cup Clam Juice
- 3/4 Cup Coconut Milk, unsweetened
- 1/4 Cup Tequila
- 2 Tablespoons Old Bay Seasoning
- 1/2 Tablespoon Curry Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Baby Carrots
- 1/2 Cup Sweet Corn Kernels, thawed
- 1/4 Cup Shallots, chopped
- 1 Pound Raw Shrimp, thawed, shelled and cleaned with tails on
- 3/4 Cup Frozen Garden Peas
- 2 Tablespoons Orange Juice
- 1 Package Quick Cooking Couscous
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Cilantro
- 5 Wedges of Lime
Spray a five-quart slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray.
Pour clam juice, coconut milk, tequila, Old Bay seasoning, curry powder and red pepper flakes in to the pot.
Use a wire whisk to break up clumps of spices.
Then add the carrots, corn, shallots and rinsed shrimp to the spice broth.
Turn on high and cook for 1 hour.
Add peas at this time and cook for another 30 minutes.
Turn off and add orange juice and box of couscous and stir to combine with contents of pot.
Cover and let stand for at least 5 minutes or until all liquid is absorbed.
Leave a Review
You must be logged in to post a comment.