Shepherd’s Pie – tasty and delicious dish
This taste just like a stuffed green pepper. Wonderful for cold winter nights. A comfort food for our family. We serve it with Corn Bread.
Ground beef, Dried oregano, Chopped onion, Dried basil, Minced garlic, Lasagna noodles, Tomato sauce, Tomato paste, Salt, Ricotta cheese, Grated Parmesan, and...
Tamale Pie – made in slow cooker
- 1/2 Pound Lean ground beef
- 1 Medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 2 Cups Red kidney beans (from 19-oz can), drained, rinsed
- 1 Can Enchilada Sauce (10 oz)
- 1 Package Corn bread and muffin mix (6.5 oz)
- 1/3 Cup Milk
- 2 Tablespoons Margarine or butter, melted
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 Cup shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese (2 oz)
- 1 Can Chopped green chilies, undrained (4.5 oz)
- 1/4 Cup Sour cream
In nonstick skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until beef is brown; drain. Stir in beans and enchilada sauce.
Place beef mixture in 3 1/2- to 4 1/2-quart slow cooker. In medium bowl, stir cornbread mix, milk, margarine and egg just until moistened (batter will be lumpy). Stir cheese and chiles into batter. Spoon over beef mixture in slow cooker.
Cover and cook on low heat setting 5 to 6 hours or until toothpick inserted in center of cornbread comes out clean.
Serve with sour cream and green onions.
Leave a Review
You must be logged in to post a comment.