A slightly spicy alternative to stuffed peppers. I combined a few ideas from other recipes and added a few of my own.
Tasty Spaghetti Sauce
Our daughter’s middle name is Lee and my mother’s maiden name was Lee. We all sang while we cooked. There was a recipe basic with ground beef and...
Tamale Pie – made in slow cooker
- 1/2 Pound Lean ground beef
- 1 Medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 2 Cups Red kidney beans (from 19-oz can), drained, rinsed
- 1 Can Enchilada Sauce (10 oz)
- 1 Package Corn bread and muffin mix (6.5 oz)
- 1/3 Cup Milk
- 2 Tablespoons Margarine or butter, melted
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 Cup shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese (2 oz)
- 1 Can Chopped green chilies, undrained (4.5 oz)
- 1/4 Cup Sour cream
In nonstick skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until beef is brown; drain. Stir in beans and enchilada sauce.
Place beef mixture in 3 1/2- to 4 1/2-quart slow cooker. In medium bowl, stir cornbread mix, milk, margarine and egg just until moistened (batter will be lumpy). Stir cheese and chiles into batter. Spoon over beef mixture in slow cooker.
Cover and cook on low heat setting 5 to 6 hours or until toothpick inserted in center of cornbread comes out clean.
Serve with sour cream and green onions.
Leave a Review
You must be logged in to post a comment.