Stuffed Pepper Soup
A slightly spicy alternative to stuffed peppers. I combined a few ideas from other recipes and added a few of my own.
- 2 Pounds Ground beef
- 1 Med Onion
- 1 Box Zatarans dirty rice mix
- 4 Green Peppers, chopped
- 4 Cups Beef broth
- 1 (28 oz) Can tomato sauce
- 1 (28 oz) Can diced tomatoes with garlic & onions
- 1/4 Cup sugar
- 1 Teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 & 1/2 Teaspoons salt
- 4 cloves of garlic chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Parmesan cheese/optinal
In a skillet brown the ground beef with the onion and drain off the fat.
Put the ground beef and onions in the crock. Add the rest of the ingredients except the Parmesan cheese and stir.
Cook on low 8-10 hours. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over soup. Serve with corn bread or crackers.
Leave a Review
You must be logged in to post a comment.