Slow Cooked Tortilla Soup
Ready to kick start healthy eating, but don’t want to sacrifice flavor? His soup is where it’s at! Full of flavor and nutrients, with a helping of...
Cheesy spaghetti is a delicious twist on an old favorite. Take regular spaghetti and mix it with cheese sauce, chicken, and corn. Your family will love this...
Saucy Chicken and Rice – A delicious recipe for the slow cooker
Slow Cooked Tortilla Soup – A tasty recipe for the slow cooker.
- 6 Boneless skinless chicken thighs (11/4 lbs.)
- 1 Medium onion chopped (1/2cup)
- 3 (6inch) Corn tortillas cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 1/2 Cups Green Giant Valley Fresh Steamers Niblets frozen corn, thawed
- 1 (15oz.) Can Chick peas, drained and rinsed
- 1 (4.5oz.) Can Chopped green chiles
- 3/4 Cup Salsa verde
- 2 (14 oz) Cans Chicken broth
- 1 Teaspoon Dried oregano leaves
- 1 Teaspoon Ground cumin
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground red pepper (cayenne)
- 2 Tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- Chopped fresh cilantro leaves
Place a slow cooker roasting bag in your slow cooker
In a 3qt. to 4qt. slow cooker, mix all ingredients except tomatoes and cilantro.
Cover; cook on low heat for 5-7 hours or until juice of chicken is clear when center of the thickest part is cut.
Stir to break up chicken thighs. Stir in tomatoes before serving.
The tortillas will dissolve during cooking, adding flavor and some thickening.
Garnish with cilantro.
Leave a Review
You must be logged in to post a comment.