Slow Cooked Tortilla Soup
This is an easy soup I put together on impulse. It has become a family favorite!!
Expect a herd of hungry eaters to dive into your slow cooker right after you lift off the lid.
This is the lighter version of our King Ranch Chicken recipe. It includes mushrooms and spinach, but your family won’t even know! It’s a yummy,...
Slow Cooked Tortilla Soup – A tasty recipe for the slow cooker.
- 6 Boneless skinless chicken thighs (11/4 lbs.)
- 1 Medium onion chopped (1/2cup)
- 3 (6inch) Corn tortillas cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 1/2 Cups Green Giant Valley Fresh Steamers Niblets frozen corn, thawed
- 1 (15oz.) Can Chick peas, drained and rinsed
- 1 (4.5oz.) Can Chopped green chiles
- 3/4 Cup Salsa verde
- 2 (14 oz) Cans Chicken broth
- 1 Teaspoon Dried oregano leaves
- 1 Teaspoon Ground cumin
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground red pepper (cayenne)
- 2 Tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- Chopped fresh cilantro leaves
Place a slow cooker roasting bag in your slow cooker
In a 3qt. to 4qt. slow cooker, mix all ingredients except tomatoes and cilantro.
Cover; cook on low heat for 5-7 hours or until juice of chicken is clear when center of the thickest part is cut.
Stir to break up chicken thighs. Stir in tomatoes before serving.
The tortillas will dissolve during cooking, adding flavor and some thickening.
Garnish with cilantro.
Leave a Review
You must be logged in to post a comment.