Slow Cooked Jambalaya
Combined a few different recepies and tips from a few friends.
By request, here's my Porcupine Meatballs recipe for the slow cooker. Kids love them, but they also make a great sandwich or appetizer.
Not knocking chicken noodle soup, but sometimes it is fun to change things up when you’re crockin’! We love this recipe because here in Texas we have a...
Slow Cooked Jambalaya – A delicious recipe for the whole family to enjoy!
- 1 Pound boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs
- 4-5 links of Andouille OR chorizo sausage
- 1 Pound peeled shrimp (fresh, thawed frozen or cooked)
- 28 oz Can diced tomatoes
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 medium onion diced
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 2 Tablespoons Cajun or creole seasoning
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 Teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 Teaspoon thyme
- hot sauce to taste
- 1 Cup chicken stock
- 1 bag frozen okra (optional)
Add all ingredients EXCEPT SHRIMP to the slow cooker.
Cook on low for 4-6 hours.
Add shrimp about 20 minutes before serving to cook or heat through.
Serve over rice.
Leave a Review
You must be logged in to post a comment.