Slow Cooked Jambalaya
Extra lean ground beef or ground turkey, browned, Chili with no beans, Black beans, drained, Diced tomatoes with chilies, Mild enchilada sauce, Sliced black...
In our homes, things get busy fast. So waking up to this nourishing meal is super
convenient—we just dish it out and then go on our merry way!
Vegetarian Bean Chili – A delicious recipe for the slow cooker
Slow Cooked Jambalaya – A delicious recipe for the whole family to enjoy!
- 1 Pound boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs
- 4-5 links of Andouille OR chorizo sausage
- 1 Pound peeled shrimp (fresh, thawed frozen or cooked)
- 28 oz Can diced tomatoes
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 medium onion diced
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 2 Tablespoons Cajun or creole seasoning
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 Teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 Teaspoon thyme
- hot sauce to taste
- 1 Cup chicken stock
- 1 bag frozen okra (optional)
Add all ingredients EXCEPT SHRIMP to the slow cooker.
Cook on low for 4-6 hours.
Add shrimp about 20 minutes before serving to cook or heat through.
Serve over rice.
Leave a Review
You must be logged in to post a comment.