Slow Cooked Jambalaya
A wonderful Mexican dish that I have converted to the crockpot.
This recipe is a family favorite year round in our house, but the fact that it is a refrigerated, light, crisp salad just makes me think of summer time! If you...
This is a tasty crab dip that is great with crackers or veggies
Slow Cooked Jambalaya – A delicious recipe for the whole family to enjoy!
- 1 Pound boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs
- 4-5 links of Andouille OR chorizo sausage
- 1 Pound peeled shrimp (fresh, thawed frozen or cooked)
- 28 oz Can diced tomatoes
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 medium onion diced
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 2 Tablespoons Cajun or creole seasoning
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 Teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 Teaspoon thyme
- hot sauce to taste
- 1 Cup chicken stock
- 1 bag frozen okra (optional)
Add all ingredients EXCEPT SHRIMP to the slow cooker.
Cook on low for 4-6 hours.
Add shrimp about 20 minutes before serving to cook or heat through.
Serve over rice.
Leave a Review
You must be logged in to post a comment.