Slow Cooked Enchiladas
This is different from your typical soup because it has a hearty thickness to it that won’t leave you hungry. Served with crunchy corn chips and some of your...
Chicken and Sweet Potato Stew
This is my hubby’s favorite chili! Makes a thick and hearty meal the day you make it, but it’s even tastier the next day.
Submitted by Sandy Shelby.
- 1 Pound Lean Ground Beef
- 1 Cup Chopped Onion
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Green Pepper
- 1 Can Pinto or Kidney Beans, rinse and drain
- 1 Can Rotel Tomatoes
- 1 Can Tomato Sauce (small can)
- 1 Package Enchilada Sauce (Dry)
- 1/3 Cup Water
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Pepper
- 1 Cup Shredded Low-fat Cheese
- 6 Flour tortillas (regular or low-fat flour tortillas)
In a skillet cook beef, onion, and green peppers until beef is browned, drain.
In a bowl add all other ingredients except tortillas and stir.
In slow cooker layer about 3/4 cup beef mixture, then a flour tortilla, repeat layers for all 6 tortillas.
Cover and cook on low for 7 hours.
Leave a Review
You must be logged in to post a comment.