Slow Cooked Cheesy Potato Soup
This is a great receipe that my family has used for years my Aunt always brought this to family gatherings.
Meal planning makes us happy, especially when cooking one time provides two meals! Take this tasty chicken and split it up into two meals that the whole family...
Veggies and water are all you need to easily create a delicious and inexpensive stock for winter soups.
Slow Cooked Cheesy Potato Soup – A tasty recipe for the slow cooker.
- 1 (32 oz) Package Frozen southern-style diced hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1/2 Cup Frozen chopped onion (from 12-oz bag), thawed
- 1 Medium stalk celery, diced (1/2 cup)
- 1 (32-oz) Carton ProgressoÂ® chicken broth
- 1 Cup Water
- 3 Tablespoons Gold MedalÂ® all-purpose flour
- 1 Cup Milk
- 1 (8 oz) Package Shredded American-Cheddar cheese blend (2 cups)
- 1/4 Cup Real bacon pieces (from 2.8-oz package)
- 4 Medium green onions, sliced (1/4 cup)
In 3- to 4-quart slow cooker, mix potatoes, onion, celery, broth and water.
Cover; cook on Low heat setting 6 to 8 hours.
In small bowl, mix flour into milk; stir into potato mixture.
Increase heat setting to High. Cover; cook 20 to 30 minutes or until mixture thickens.
Stir in cheese until melted.
Garnish individual servings with bacon and green onions. Sprinkle with pepper if desired.
Leave a Review
You must be logged in to post a comment.