Slow Cooked Cheesy Potato Soup
This taste just like a stuffed green pepper. Wonderful for cold winter nights. A comfort food for our family. We serve it with Corn Bread.
Broccoli Cheese Soup Soup season wouldn’t be complete without this best-loved soup. And slow cookin’ makes it even better! Ingredients: 3 cans cream of...
Meal planning makes us happy, especially when cooking one time provides two meals! Take this tasty chicken and split it up into two meals that the whole family...
Slow Cooked Cheesy Potato Soup – A tasty recipe for the slow cooker.
- 1 (32 oz) Package Frozen southern-style diced hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1/2 Cup Frozen chopped onion (from 12-oz bag), thawed
- 1 Medium stalk celery, diced (1/2 cup)
- 1 (32-oz) Carton ProgressoÂ® chicken broth
- 1 Cup Water
- 3 Tablespoons Gold MedalÂ® all-purpose flour
- 1 Cup Milk
- 1 (8 oz) Package Shredded American-Cheddar cheese blend (2 cups)
- 1/4 Cup Real bacon pieces (from 2.8-oz package)
- 4 Medium green onions, sliced (1/4 cup)
In 3- to 4-quart slow cooker, mix potatoes, onion, celery, broth and water.
Cover; cook on Low heat setting 6 to 8 hours.
In small bowl, mix flour into milk; stir into potato mixture.
Increase heat setting to High. Cover; cook 20 to 30 minutes or until mixture thickens.
Stir in cheese until melted.
Garnish individual servings with bacon and green onions. Sprinkle with pepper if desired.
Leave a Review
You must be logged in to post a comment.