Slow Cooked Cheesy Potato Soup
HOOOOORAY for soup season! This soup is a perfect way to kick off the fall season, and its portion size is fitting for The Empty Nester chapter in our NEW...
Broccoli Cheese Soup Soup season wouldn’t be complete without this best-loved soup. And slow cookin’ makes it even better! Ingredients: 3 cans cream of...
My mama's recipe and what I like to call 'everything but the kitchen sink' vegetable soup
Slow Cooked Cheesy Potato Soup – A tasty recipe for the slow cooker.
- 1 (32 oz) Package Frozen southern-style diced hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1/2 Cup Frozen chopped onion (from 12-oz bag), thawed
- 1 Medium stalk celery, diced (1/2 cup)
- 1 (32-oz) Carton ProgressoÂ® chicken broth
- 1 Cup Water
- 3 Tablespoons Gold MedalÂ® all-purpose flour
- 1 Cup Milk
- 1 (8 oz) Package Shredded American-Cheddar cheese blend (2 cups)
- 1/4 Cup Real bacon pieces (from 2.8-oz package)
- 4 Medium green onions, sliced (1/4 cup)
In 3- to 4-quart slow cooker, mix potatoes, onion, celery, broth and water.
Cover; cook on Low heat setting 6 to 8 hours.
In small bowl, mix flour into milk; stir into potato mixture.
Increase heat setting to High. Cover; cook 20 to 30 minutes or until mixture thickens.
Stir in cheese until melted.
Garnish individual servings with bacon and green onions. Sprinkle with pepper if desired.
Leave a Review
You must be logged in to post a comment.