Slow Cooked Cheesy Potato Soup
We want to give a special shout out to our friend Tiffany who submitted this tasty, clean recipe. It may be healthy, but don’t let that fool you. This...
Veggies and water are all you need to easily create a delicious and inexpensive stock for winter soups.
This is originally a stovetop recipe but is easily converted to the slow cooker. Hope you like it
Slow Cooked Cheesy Potato Soup - A tasty recipe for the slow cooker.
- 1 (32 oz) Package Frozen southern-style diced hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1/2 Cup Frozen chopped onion (from 12-oz bag), thawed
- 1 Medium stalk celery, diced (1/2 cup)
- 1 (32-oz) Carton ProgressoÂ® chicken broth
- 1 Cup Water
- 3 Tablespoons Gold MedalÂ® all-purpose flour
- 1 Cup Milk
- 1 (8 oz) Package Shredded American-Cheddar cheese blend (2 cups)
- 1/4 Cup Real bacon pieces (from 2.8-oz package)
- 4 Medium green onions, sliced (1/4 cup)
In 3- to 4-quart slow cooker, mix potatoes, onion, celery, broth and water.
Cover; cook on Low heat setting 6 to 8 hours.
In small bowl, mix flour into milk; stir into potato mixture.
Increase heat setting to High. Cover; cook 20 to 30 minutes or until mixture thickens.
Stir in cheese until melted.
Garnish individual servings with bacon and green onions. Sprinkle with pepper if desired.
Leave a Review
You must be logged in to post a comment.