Sauerkraut and Meatballs
Submitted by Linda Amos.
- 1.5 Pounds Lean ground beef
- 1 Large onion, chopped
- 2 Medium eggs, well beaten
- 2 Cups Uncooked rice (can use Minute Rice and the dish will cook quicker)
- 1 Pinch Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 Cans Sauerkraut with the juice
Mix all ingredients except sauerkraut.
I brown the meatballs in a small amount of oil before placing in CP, but this is not absolutely necessary. Just gives them a little better flavor.
Place meatballs in bottom of CP and cover with sauerkraut and juice.
Add about 1/2 to 1 can of water (sometimes the cans of sauerkraut don't have a lot of juice and there needs to be some juice so the rice will cook properly).
Cook on medium until rice is done, usually about 3-4 hours if you use Minute Rice and 5-6 hours if you use regular rice.
Delicious served with fresh fruit salad and mashed potatoes or baked potatoes.
Leave a Review
You must be logged in to post a comment.