Ready to kick start healthy eating, but don't want to sacrifice flavor? His soup is where it's at! Full of flavor and nutrients, with a helping of our new favorite super food- quinoa!
- 1 cup quinoa (rinsed)
- 1 (28 oz) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (15-ounce) can whole kernel corn
- 1 (15-ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (10-ounce) diced tomatoes with green chiles, choice of spiciness
- 1 (15 oz) can black eyed peas
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
Toss everything into the slow cooker.
Cover and cook on LOW for 7 to 8 hours.
Leave a Review
You must be logged in to post a comment.