Light King Ranch Chicken
Comfort food with a kick!
Meal planning makes us happy, especially when cooking one time provides two meals! Take this tasty chicken and split it up into two meals that the whole family...
A yummy Texas favorite turned slow cookin’! I (Nicole) remember my mom making this for us often and thought “Why not try it out in the crock?”. We...
This is the lighter version of our King Ranch Chicken recipe. It includes mushrooms and spinach, but your family won't even know! It's a yummy, simple, one dish meal that stands well on its own. It's sure to please the whole family!
Used 6-quart slow cooker
- 1 Package Corn tortillas, cut into fourths
- 3-4 Boneless skinless Chicken Breasts, cooked (can be shredded or cubed)
- 1 Can Diced tomatoes with Green Chiles
- 2 Cups Chicken Broth, divided
- 1 Cup Fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 1 Cup Fresh baby spinach, chopped
- 1 Small onion, chopped
- 2 Cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 Cup Homemade Cream of Chicken Soup: http://crockingirls.com/recipes/homemade-cream-of-chicken-soup/
Place tortillas in the slow cooker until the bottom is covered.
In a bowl, combine chicken, diced tomatoes with green chilies, 1-Â½ cups chicken broth, mushrooms, spinach, onion, and the homemade cream of chicken soup and mix until combined.
Place half the chicken mixture on top of the tortillas. Then top with half of the cheese. Repeat layers ending with the cheese.
Cover and cook on LOW for about 6 hours. This dish can cook faster on HIGH for 3 hours.
Leave a Review
You must be logged in to post a comment.