Potato and Broccoli Soup
Split Pea Soup – A great recipe for Split Pea Soup
Used 6-quart slow cooker We thought this year we would definitely have a Crockin’ Thanksgiving, and these four slow cooking recipes sure turned out YUMMY!...
Taking an old family favorite and making it in the slow cooker y’all! My great grandma, “Big Mama”, taught the women in our family how to get...
Potato and Broccoli Soup – A tasty recipe for the whole family!
- 3 1/2 Pounds Potatoes, peeled and cut into 3/4 inch pieces
- 1 Small Sweet Red Pepper, seeded and chopped
- 4 Cups Chicken Broth
- 1/3 Cup Half and Half
- 1/3 Cup Sour Cream
- 1 Tablespoon Corn Starch
- 1 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 4 Scallions, thinly sliced
- 4 Slices of Bacon, crumbled (optional)
- 1 Package Frozen Chopped Broccoli
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese (optional)
Combine potatoes, red peppers, and broccoli in slow cooker.
Pour broth over top; cover and cook 3 hours on high or 6 hours on low.
In a small bowl, stir together half-n-half, sour cream, cornstarch, salt and pepper.
Remove cover and mash potatoes slightly.
Stir in half-n-half mixture and scallions.
Spoon soup into bowls when thickened.
Garnish with bacon, cheese, and additional sour cream if desired.
Leave a Review
You must be logged in to post a comment.