Potato and Broccoli Soup
A slightly spicy alternative to stuffed peppers. I combined a few ideas from other recipes and added a few of my own.
Ok Ladies and Gentlemen, here’s my recipe… Please know that I don’t measure very much, but these are the ingredients and the approximate...
Beef tips and gravy made easy by slow cooking.
Potato and Broccoli Soup – A tasty recipe for the whole family!
- 3 1/2 Pounds Potatoes, peeled and cut into 3/4 inch pieces
- 1 Small Sweet Red Pepper, seeded and chopped
- 4 Cups Chicken Broth
- 1/3 Cup Half and Half
- 1/3 Cup Sour Cream
- 1 Tablespoon Corn Starch
- 1 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 4 Scallions, thinly sliced
- 4 Slices of Bacon, crumbled (optional)
- 1 Package Frozen Chopped Broccoli
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese (optional)
Combine potatoes, red peppers, and broccoli in slow cooker.
Pour broth over top; cover and cook 3 hours on high or 6 hours on low.
In a small bowl, stir together half-n-half, sour cream, cornstarch, salt and pepper.
Remove cover and mash potatoes slightly.
Stir in half-n-half mixture and scallions.
Spoon soup into bowls when thickened.
Garnish with bacon, cheese, and additional sour cream if desired.
Leave a Review
You must be logged in to post a comment.