Potato and Broccoli Soup
Holidays tend to come with a nearly impossible list of things to get ready. Let slow cooking give you a fresh start in the kitchen this spring! Get your crocks...
Wondering what to do with that leftover turkey? We thought it would be yummy to put together a turkey soup instead of eating leftovers for days! With small...
Chicken Tortilla Soup – Made easy in the slow cooker
Potato and Broccoli Soup – A tasty recipe for the whole family!
- 3 1/2 Pounds Potatoes, peeled and cut into 3/4 inch pieces
- 1 Small Sweet Red Pepper, seeded and chopped
- 4 Cups Chicken Broth
- 1/3 Cup Half and Half
- 1/3 Cup Sour Cream
- 1 Tablespoon Corn Starch
- 1 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 4 Scallions, thinly sliced
- 4 Slices of Bacon, crumbled (optional)
- 1 Package Frozen Chopped Broccoli
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese (optional)
Combine potatoes, red peppers, and broccoli in slow cooker.
Pour broth over top; cover and cook 3 hours on high or 6 hours on low.
In a small bowl, stir together half-n-half, sour cream, cornstarch, salt and pepper.
Remove cover and mash potatoes slightly.
Stir in half-n-half mixture and scallions.
Spoon soup into bowls when thickened.
Garnish with bacon, cheese, and additional sour cream if desired.
Leave a Review
You must be logged in to post a comment.