Pork and Mushroom Ragu
Shipwreck – A shipwreck is a fun dish made in the slowcooker from hamburger meat, potatoes, onion beans and tomato
Quick and Easy Chicken Tacos – A delicious recipe for the slow cooker
Barbeque Turkey Meatballs – A delicious recipe for the slow cooker
One of the best ragu's I have ever made!
- 1 1/14 Pounds Pork loin
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons Olive Oil (Divided)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Ground Black Pepper (Divided)
- 1 1/4 Cups Canned Crushed Tomatoes (Divided)
- 2 Tablespoons Cornstarch
- 1 Teaspoon Dried Rubbed Sage
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Thyme
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Sundried Tomatoes (not packed in oil)
- 8 Ounces Fresh Sliced Mushrooms
- 1 Thinly Sliced Onion
- 3 Cups Hot Cooked Egg Noodles
Season roast with salt, garlic powder, onion powder, 1/2 tsp. black pepper.
Coat nonstick pan with 2 tablespoons of Olive oil; heat over medium heat. Brown roast on all sides.
While roast is browning place 1/2 cup crushed tomatoes, cornstarch, thyme, sage, and sun-dried tomatoes in slow cooker; mix well.
When roast is done browning place ontop of tomato mixture in slow cooker. Add the rest of the olive oil to the pan, add the mushrooms and onions saute for about 4 minutes til slightly tender. When done layer the mushrooms and onions on top of the roast in slow cooker.
Pour remaining crushed tomatoes over the pork, onions, and mushrooms and season with remaining pepper. Cover; cook on LOW for 4 to 6 hours.
Remove roast from slow cooker; tent with foil. Let stand 10 to 15 minutes before slicing. Serve with sauce over noodles.
* If you don't feel like the extra work of taking out the roast and slicing it and you have extra time, cook on high for 6 hours or on low 8 until the pork shreds easily in the slow cooker. Then serve over noodles.
Leave a Review
You must be logged in to post a comment.