This recipe is quick and easy and very low in fat as well as calories. You can change up the ingredients to fit what your family likes.
Southern Style Red Beans – A tasty recipe for the slow cooker
This is different from your typical soup because it has a hearty thickness to it that won’t leave you hungry. Served with crunchy corn chips and some of your...
Pinto Beans – Great and easy recipe for slow cooker pinto beans
- 3 Cups Dry pinto beans
- 2 Tablespoons Pinto Bean Seasoning
- 2 Tablespoons Dried onions (flakes or chopped)
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons Chili Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Cumin (ground)
- 1/8 Teaspoon Cayenne pepper
- 1 Tablespoon Salt
- 1/2 Tablespoon Black Pepper
- 1 Can Diced tomatoes or rotel
- 1 Pound Ground beef (cooked) or Polish Sausage
Sort and wash beans.
Spray slow cooker with non-stick spray.
Put beans in slow cooker, pouring waster in until it is about 3 in. from top.
Add all seasonings and tomatoes and cook for 10-12 hours. (If you soaked your beans overnight, this time will be less)
Add ground drained beef or polish sausage and continue cooking for about an hour.
Leave a Review
You must be logged in to post a comment.