Oatmeal in the slow cooker ready when you wake up!
- 3 cups 1% milk
- 1 1/2 cups steel cut oats
- 1/2 cup packed dark-brown sugar,
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- TOPPING: 2 apples(such as Gala or Granny Smith) cored and diced
- 2 tbsp. packed brown sugar
- 2 tbsp. sweetened dried cranberries, cherries, or raisins
- 3 tbsp. chopped nuts
Oatmeal=Coat slow cooker with nonstick spray. Combine milk, 3 cups water, the oats, 1/4 cup brown sugar, and the salt in slow cooker. Cover and cook on LOW for 9 1/2 to 10 hours. Uncover and stir the remaining 1/4 cup brown sugar. Set aside
Topping= Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Place on medium heat. Add apples and cook 4 min. stirring occasionally. Add brown sugar, 1 tbsp. water and dried cranberries, etc. Cook 1 min. . Remove from heat and stir in nuts.
Stir oatmeal in slow cooker until smooth. Spoon about a cup into bowl and add a few tbsp. of the toppings. Serve warm.
Leave a Review
You must be logged in to post a comment.