New Year’s White Chicken Chili
Slow Cooked Chicken and Dumplings – A tasty recipe for the slow cooker
We want to give a special shout out to our friend Tiffany who submitted this tasty, clean recipe. It may be healthy, but don’t let that fool you. This...
Chicken Pot Pie – A delicious recipe for chicken pot pie made in the slow cooker
Whether you’re ringing in the year or (finally) resolving to spend more hours with your loved ones and less hours in the kitchen, this is the go-to bowl for you!
- 1 Pound Boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 Packet white chicken chili seasoning mix
- 1 Medium onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Garlic powder
- 2 Cups Low sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Cumin
- 1 Teaspoon Oregano
- 1 Can Sweet white corn, drained and rinsed
- 1 Can Black-eyed peas, drained and rinsed
- 1 Cup Sour cream
- 1/2 Cup Half and half
- Garnishes: shredded Monterrey Jack cheese, sour cream, lime wedges
Place chicken breasts in the slow cooker.
Sprinkle entire contents of seasoning packet on both sides of chicken breasts.
Add chopped onion, garlic powder, chicken broth, salt, cumin, and oregano.
Cook on LOW for 3–4 hours, then remove cooked chicken and shred. Return chicken to slow cooker.
Add corn and black-eyed peas, stir well then cook for approximately 3 more hours.
Forty-five minutes before serving, stir in sour cream and half & half. Serve with garnishes and Crockin’ Cornbread, if desired.
Leave a Review
You must be logged in to post a comment.