Lentil and Sausage Stew
Have to use a 7 qt show cooker for this one. This is so easy and we love this dish in Georgia.
Wake up to the Smells of Breakfast in the slow cooker? Who knew?!?! We loved the idea and just had to try out one of the recipes posted on our Facebook page!...
Shrimp Jambalaya – Great recipe for shrimp jambalaya
Lentil and Sausage Stew – A delicious recipe for the slow cooker
- 1 Pound Dry lentils
- 1 Pound Smoked sausage, diced
- 1 Can Sliced white potatoes, drained
- 1 Can Sliced carrots, drained
- 1 Can Tomatoes and zucchini, undrained
- 1 (10 oz) Can Tomato sauce
- 1/2 Bag frozen chopped onion
- 1 Tablespoon Minced garlic
- 4 Cups Chicken broth
- 1 Bay leaf
- 2 Teaspoons Kosher salt
- 2 Teaspoons Black pepper
Pour everything into your crock pot and set on Low.
Cook for 6 - 8 hours.Â If the soup looks a little too thick then add some more chicken broth or water.
Remove the bay leaf before eating. This freezes and heats beautifully!
Leave a Review
You must be logged in to post a comment.