Italian Wedding Soup
Fun to build, fun to eat! In our homes we love meals that you can “build yourself” so everyone is happy at the dinner table! Another great thing...
HOOOOORAY for soup season! This soup is a perfect way to kick off the fall season, and its portion size is fitting for The Empty Nester chapter in our NEW...
If you like italian beef, you'll love this!
Italian Wedding Soup – Great recipe for Italian wedding soup, made easy in the slow cooker
- 1 Egg, lightly beaten
- 3/4 Pound Ground Beef
- 1/2 Cup Onion, finely chopped
- 3 Tablespoons Breadcrumbs
- 3 Tablespoons Parmesan Cheese, grated
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Parsley, chopped
- 3/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 8 Cups Chicken Broth
- 3 Large Carrots, chopped
- 1 Small Head of Escarole, washed, trimmed and cut into 2inch strips
- 1.5 Teaspoons Dried Oregano
- 1 3/4 Cups acini di pepe pasta(such as Ronzoni)
In a large bowl, stir together egg, beef, onion, bread crumbs, 1 tablespoon parmesan, 1 tablespoon parsley, and 1/4 teaspoon each of the salt and pepper.
Form mix into meatballs (about 45 ) and place on baking sheet; refrigerate while preparing soup.
Combine broth, carrots, escarole and oregano in slow cooker.
Gently add meatballs.
Cover and cook on LOW for 6 hours.
Stir in pasta for last 20 min. of cook time.
Stir in remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
Sprinkle each serving with remaining parsley and Parmesan cheese and serve.
Leave a Review
You must be logged in to post a comment.