Italian Wedding Soup
This takes a lot of time to make, but it makes a lot. I freeze in batches using a vacuum sealer, then cook when desired. (I have like sized ingredients to save...
Want the perfect bowl of goodness that isn’t just for “soup season”? This chili recipe is perfect for all year crockin’!
Barbecue Green Beans – so good they’ll come back for seconds!
Italian Wedding Soup – Great recipe for Italian wedding soup, made easy in the slow cooker
- 1 Egg, lightly beaten
- 3/4 Pound Ground Beef
- 1/2 Cup Onion, finely chopped
- 3 Tablespoons Breadcrumbs
- 3 Tablespoons Parmesan Cheese, grated
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Parsley, chopped
- 3/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 8 Cups Chicken Broth
- 3 Large Carrots, chopped
- 1 Small Head of Escarole, washed, trimmed and cut into 2inch strips
- 1.5 Teaspoons Dried Oregano
- 1 3/4 Cups acini di pepe pasta(such as Ronzoni)
In a large bowl, stir together egg, beef, onion, bread crumbs, 1 tablespoon parmesan, 1 tablespoon parsley, and 1/4 teaspoon each of the salt and pepper.
Form mix into meatballs (about 45 ) and place on baking sheet; refrigerate while preparing soup.
Combine broth, carrots, escarole and oregano in slow cooker.
Gently add meatballs.
Cover and cook on LOW for 6 hours.
Stir in pasta for last 20 min. of cook time.
Stir in remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
Sprinkle each serving with remaining parsley and Parmesan cheese and serve.
Leave a Review
You must be logged in to post a comment.