Hungry Chick Chunky Soup
This is an easy Asian dish, quick in the crock!
A big bowl of chicken enchilada soup is yummy any day, but especially good on a super cold or rainy day. Serve with a side salad and some fresh fruit and...
We want to give a special shout out to our friend Tiffany who submitted this tasty, clean recipe. It may be healthy, but don’t let that fool you. This...
Hungry chick chunky soup is a delicious hearty soup for everyone, filled with vegetables and lean chicken this soup is a healthy choice for those cold days.
- 1 and 1/2 Pounds raw boneless skinless lean chicken breasts, halved
- 1/2 Teaspoons salt, divided
- 1/8 Teaspoons black pepper
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 Cups dry coleslaw mix
- 2 (14.5-oz. each) Can fat-free chicken broth
- 1 (15-oz.) Can cannellini (white kidney) beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (14.5-oz.) Can stewed tomatoes (not drained)
- 1 Cups frozen peas
- 1/2 Teaspoons fresh thyme
- 1 bay leaf
Evenly season chicken with salt and the pepper.
Place all ingredients in the slow cooker and stir.
Cover and cook on high for 3 - 4 hours or on low for 7 - 8 hours, until chicken is fully cooked.
Remove and discard the bay leaf.
Remove the chicken and place in a bowl.
Shred each piece using two forks - one to hold the chicken in place and the other to scrape across the meat and shred it.
Return the shredded chicken to the slow cooker and stir into the soup.
Season with remaining 1/4 tsp. salt.
Leave a Review
You must be logged in to post a comment.