Hungry Chick Chunky Soup
BIG thanks to Larry North for coming on and sharing this incredibly easy and incredibly healthy meal! The best thing about this meal is everything is optional,...
Fun to build, fun to eat! In our homes we love meals that you can “build yourself” so everyone is happy at the dinner table! Another great thing...
6 quart or larger slow cooker Serves 8 to 10 Healthy eating isn’t always easy, but crockin’ your meal makes it a whole lot easier! This healthy...
Hungry chick chunky soup is a delicious hearty soup for everyone, filled with vegetables and lean chicken this soup is a healthy choice for those cold days.
- 1 and 1/2 Pounds raw boneless skinless lean chicken breasts, halved
- 1/2 Teaspoons salt, divided
- 1/8 Teaspoons black pepper
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 Cups dry coleslaw mix
- 2 (14.5-oz. each) Can fat-free chicken broth
- 1 (15-oz.) Can cannellini (white kidney) beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (14.5-oz.) Can stewed tomatoes (not drained)
- 1 Cups frozen peas
- 1/2 Teaspoons fresh thyme
- 1 bay leaf
Evenly season chicken with salt and the pepper.
Place all ingredients in the slow cooker and stir.
Cover and cook on high for 3 - 4 hours or on low for 7 - 8 hours, until chicken is fully cooked.
Remove and discard the bay leaf.
Remove the chicken and place in a bowl.
Shred each piece using two forks - one to hold the chicken in place and the other to scrape across the meat and shred it.
Return the shredded chicken to the slow cooker and stir into the soup.
Season with remaining 1/4 tsp. salt.
Leave a Review
You must be logged in to post a comment.