Hungry Chick Chunky Soup
Merry Christmas from the Crockin’ Girls! We gave a gift for you that can’t be wrapped up and put under the tree- it’s a stress free Christmas...
This stuffing is so yummy and great to take to a family dinner. Everyone will love it. It tastes just like it was cooked in the turkey!
Saucy Pork Chops – A delicious recipe for the slow cooker
Hungry chick chunky soup is a delicious hearty soup for everyone, filled with vegetables and lean chicken this soup is a healthy choice for those cold days.
- 1 and 1/2 Pounds raw boneless skinless lean chicken breasts, halved
- 1/2 Teaspoons salt, divided
- 1/8 Teaspoons black pepper
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 Cups dry coleslaw mix
- 2 (14.5-oz. each) Can fat-free chicken broth
- 1 (15-oz.) Can cannellini (white kidney) beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (14.5-oz.) Can stewed tomatoes (not drained)
- 1 Cups frozen peas
- 1/2 Teaspoons fresh thyme
- 1 bay leaf
Evenly season chicken with salt and the pepper.
Place all ingredients in the slow cooker and stir.
Cover and cook on high for 3 - 4 hours or on low for 7 - 8 hours, until chicken is fully cooked.
Remove and discard the bay leaf.
Remove the chicken and place in a bowl.
Shred each piece using two forks - one to hold the chicken in place and the other to scrape across the meat and shred it.
Return the shredded chicken to the slow cooker and stir into the soup.
Season with remaining 1/4 tsp. salt.
Leave a Review
You must be logged in to post a comment.