Heavenly Heart Healthy Soup
Grab your beer and celebrate this Irish holiday with good food and company. If you aren’t a fan of the dark beer, don’t let this stew fool you. The...
Venison Pot Roast – Great recipe for pot roast made with venison
Grandma’s cookin’ and childhood toys sure bring back lots of warm fuzzies! Here is a yummy Cabbage Patch Soup recipe that is a combination of both!...
Feed your family stress free hearty meals and still stay heart healthy!
Submitted by Kathy Bruce
- 1 pound ground turkey (99% lean)
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced carrots
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 2-1/2 cups tomato juice
- 1 (14-ounce) can green beans, drained
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced 1/4 in thick
- 1/2 cup chopped tomato
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoons dried basil, crushed
- 1 teaspoons dried oregano, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoons Splenda (optional to help reduce acidity)
- 1/4 teaspoons pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 Bay leaf
In large skillet, cook the turkey, celery, and carrots until turkey is done; drain. Add to slow cooker.
Stir in remaining ingredients and cook on LOW for approximately 6 hours. Discard bay leaf before serving!
Leave a Review
You must be logged in to post a comment.