Heavenly Heart Healthy Soup
Grab your beer and celebrate this Irish holiday with good food and company. If you aren’t a fan of the dark beer, don’t let this stew fool you. The...
Wake up to the Smells of Breakfast in the slow cooker? Who knew?!?! We loved the idea and just had to try out one of the recipes posted on our Facebook page!...
This is a delicious vegetarian marinara with a kick! If you want it a little less spicy feel free to play with the red pepper flakes, but this veggie packed...
Feed your family stress free hearty meals and still stay heart healthy!
Submitted by Kathy Bruce
- 1 pound ground turkey (99% lean)
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced carrots
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 2-1/2 cups tomato juice
- 1 (14-ounce) can green beans, drained
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced 1/4 in thick
- 1/2 cup chopped tomato
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoons dried basil, crushed
- 1 teaspoons dried oregano, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoons Splenda (optional to help reduce acidity)
- 1/4 teaspoons pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 Bay leaf
In large skillet, cook the turkey, celery, and carrots until turkey is done; drain. Add to slow cooker.
Stir in remaining ingredients and cook on LOW for approximately 6 hours. Discard bay leaf before serving!
Leave a Review
You must be logged in to post a comment.