Healthy Chicken Barley Stew
Small corn or flour tortillas, Cream of chicken, Chopped green chilies, Sour cream (I use light), Cubed Velveeta (I use 2 % kind), Shredded cheese (cheddar or...
This super simple bean dip is a great little addition to any party! I used to always make it in the oven, but I like that it stays warm in the slow cooker. ...
Holidays tend to come with a nearly impossible list of things to get ready. Let slow cooking give you a fresh start in the kitchen this spring! Get your crocks...
This stew is so yummy, your kids won't even know it's "healthy"! Serve with corn muffins or whole grain bread and a salad and you have a complete healthy dinner!
- 2 Teaspoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped fine
- 1/2 fresh green bell pepper, chopped fine
- 2 Whole garlic cloves, minced
- 3 ears fresh corn, cut from cob (or 10 oz frozen)
- 28 Ounces crushed canned tomatoes
- 16 Ounce can tomato sauce
- 12 Ounce can kidney beans, drain and rinsed
- 3 Cups reduced sodium chicken stock
- 1/4 Cup barley
- 2 Tablespoons chili powder
- 1 Teaspoon cumin
- 1 Teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 Teaspoon black pepper
- 2 Whole chicken breasts, cut into bite size pieces
Spray crock pot and turn on high. Add olive oil, onion, garlic, and bell pepper; cover and let cook for 5 or 10 minutes while you prepare remaining ingredients.
Add remaining ingredients, stir, cover crock pot and turn to low; cook for approximately 4 to 5 hours.
Leave a Review
You must be logged in to post a comment.