Healthy Chicken Barley Stew
Nothing hits the spot like a creamy pasta dish and this one is sure to please the whole family! Add a salad and dinner is complete- easy peasy!
Grandma’s cookin’ and childhood toys sure bring back lots of warm fuzzies! Here is a yummy Cabbage Patch Soup recipe that is a combination of both!...
This bean recipe is a long time family favorite in the Marwitz household. We hope you love it just as much as we do. Happy Crockin' Y'all!
This stew is so yummy, your kids won't even know it's "healthy"! Serve with corn muffins or whole grain bread and a salad and you have a complete healthy dinner!
- 2 Teaspoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped fine
- 1/2 fresh green bell pepper, chopped fine
- 2 Whole garlic cloves, minced
- 3 ears fresh corn, cut from cob (or 10 oz frozen)
- 28 Ounces crushed canned tomatoes
- 16 Ounce can tomato sauce
- 12 Ounce can kidney beans, drain and rinsed
- 3 Cups reduced sodium chicken stock
- 1/4 Cup barley
- 2 Tablespoons chili powder
- 1 Teaspoon cumin
- 1 Teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 Teaspoon black pepper
- 2 Whole chicken breasts, cut into bite size pieces
Spray crock pot and turn on high. Add olive oil, onion, garlic, and bell pepper; cover and let cook for 5 or 10 minutes while you prepare remaining ingredients.
Add remaining ingredients, stir, cover crock pot and turn to low; cook for approximately 4 to 5 hours.
Leave a Review
You must be logged in to post a comment.