Hawaiian Style Beef Stew
A wonderful, hearty soup that takes only minutes to prep. Pair it with fresh bread from your bread machine and you'll have a down home meal with little effort.
Zesty Slow Cooker Pot Roast Everyone loves a delicious, tender, one-pot roast dinner to fill your tummy! This zesty roast is loaded with all your favorite...
Chicken comes out juicy and tender, perfect for wrapping up in a corn or flour tortilla and topped with your favorite toppings! Some of ours are cilantro,...
A taste of the islands in a stew.
- 1 Spanish onion, cut into large chunks
- 2 Teaspoons beef bouillon
- 1 Tablespoon fresh or dried basil and oregano each
- 2 Tablespoons fresh or dried thyme
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 Pounds beef roast, cubed
- 1/2 Cup all-purpose flour
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2-4 Tablespoons canola oil
- 3-4 Cups low sodium V8 juice cocktail
- 1/2 Cup chili water
- 2 Cups baby carrots, halved
- 2 bell peppers cut into large chunks
Combine onion, bouillon, herbs, garlic, salt and pepper to slow cooker.
In a large bowl, toss meat with flour, salt, and pepper until well coated.
Heat oil over medium high heat in a large skillet and brown meat; add to slow cooker.
Add enough V8 to almost cover the meat.
Add chili and water.
Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours.
Approximately 2 hours before serving, add carrots and stir.
Add bell peppers one hour before serving.
Serve over rice.
Leave a Review
You must be logged in to post a comment.