Girlfriend’s Chili by Kari and MaryPat
Sweet and Sour Ribs – A tasty ribs recipe for the slow cooker
A healthy spin on chili that is delicious! You can use ground beef, but the ground turkey makes it very lean. Great dish for fall! And easy to make ahead and...
Shredded Pork – Easy recipe for shredded pork
The BEST chili ever made!!!
- 2 onions, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 green bell peppers, chopped
- 2 Pounds ground turkey or beef
- 2 (14 oz) Cans pinto beans, drained
- 1 (14 oz.) Can chopped tomatoes, drained
- 1 Tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 Teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 Teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 Teaspoon black pepper
- 1 Teaspoon salt
- 1 Cup beef or chicken broth
- 1 Cup light or fat free sour cream
- 1 Cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 Tablespoons green onions, thinly sliced
In skillet, saute onions, garlic, and bell peppers until soft. Add to slow cooker
Brown meat then drain and rinse. Add to slow cooker.
Add all ingredients (except sour cream, cheddar cheese and green onions) and mix thoroughly.
Serve topped with sour cream, cheddar cheese and green onions.
Leave a Review
You must be logged in to post a comment.