Frazzled Mom’s Chicken Cacciatore
Slow cooked Fajitas
Wake up to the Smells of Breakfast in the slow cooker? Who knew?!?! We loved the idea and just had to try out one of the recipes posted on our Facebook page!...
This twist on traditional chicken soup will make everyone happy!
Frazzled Mom’s Chicken Cacciatore - A delicious recipe for the slow cooker
- 2 1/2 - 3 Pounds Chicken pieces (you can also used leftover baked chicken)
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Onion chopped
- 1 Clove garlic minced
- 14 1/2 oz. Can Muir Glen Fire Roasted Tomato
- 1 (6 oz) Can Tomato paste + 2 cans water
- 1 Teaspoon Sugar (I use Sugar in the Raw)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Dried rosemary
- 1/2 Teaspoon Dried thyme
- 1/4 Teaspoon Dried oregano
- 1/8 Teaspoon Black pepper
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh parsley
- Optional: Chopped mushrooms
Cooked 3 color Garden Rotini or other pasta.
Remove the skin from the chicken.
Brown your meat in olive oil. (if you are using leftover baked chicken, add it after you saute the garlic and onions just to heat through).
Add the onions and garlic and saute until onions turn clear.
Put in your slow cooker.
Add the rest of the ingredients to the slow cooker (except the pasta).
I would suggest throwing the mushrooms in the last 1/2 hour of cooking.
Cook on High for 2 to 3 hours or Low 5-7 hours. Serve over cooked pasta.
Leave a Review
You must be logged in to post a comment.