Frazzled Mom’s Chicken Cacciatore
This is a new way to cook the old southern favorite beans and cornbread. Instead of using ham as flavoring, I use Kielbasa. I like serving this with meatless...
Chicken Tortilla Soup – A simple and delicious recipe for the slow cooker
Not knocking chicken noodle soup, but sometimes it is fun to change things up when you’re crockin’! We love this recipe because here in Texas we have a...
Frazzled Mom’s Chicken Cacciatore – A delicious recipe for the slow cooker
- 2 1/2 - 3 Pounds Chicken pieces (you can also used leftover baked chicken)
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Onion chopped
- 1 Clove garlic minced
- 14 1/2 oz. Can Muir Glen Fire Roasted Tomato
- 1 (6 oz) Can Tomato paste + 2 cans water
- 1 Teaspoon Sugar (I use Sugar in the Raw)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Dried rosemary
- 1/2 Teaspoon Dried thyme
- 1/4 Teaspoon Dried oregano
- 1/8 Teaspoon Black pepper
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh parsley
- Optional: Chopped mushrooms
Cooked 3 color Garden Rotini or other pasta.
Remove the skin from the chicken.
Brown your meat in olive oil. (if you are using leftover baked chicken, add it after you saute the garlic and onions just to heat through).
Add the onions and garlic and saute until onions turn clear.
Put in your slow cooker.
Add the rest of the ingredients to the slow cooker (except the pasta).
I would suggest throwing the mushrooms in the last 1/2 hour of cooking.
Cook on High for 2 to 3 hours or Low 5-7 hours. Serve over cooked pasta.
Leave a Review
You must be logged in to post a comment.