Slow Cooked Dressing
This bread is just so good and so easy to make!!
This was a recipe my Mom cooked in the oven and we changed some things around for the crock pot. Never any left when I carry it to family functions.
Your family will love this simple, savory side with any meal.
Here is a real oven space saver at Thanksgiving!
- 1 (8 inch) pan of cornbread (no sugar)
- 8 Slices of day old white bread
- 4 Eggs
- 1 Medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 Cup Chopped celery (saute the onion and celery together before adding
- 1.5 Tablespoons Sage (or to taste)
- 1 Teaspoon Salt (or to taste)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Black pepper
- 2 Cans Cream of chicken soup
- 2 Cans Chicken broth
- 2 Tablespoons Margarine
Crumble corn bread and white bread into slow cooker; add remaining ingredients and mix well.
Cover and cook on high for 2 hours or on low for 3 to 4 hours.
Stir occasionally and add water or broth if the mixture becomes dry.
May add small amount of cooked turkey or chicken if desired.
Leave a Review
You must be logged in to post a comment.