Slow Cooked Dressing
This was a recipe my Mom cooked in the oven and we changed some things around for the crock pot. Never any left when I carry it to family functions.
Crockin’ Cream Corn Although this is a new recipe in our holiday mix this year, it has that long time family favorite feel! Delicious, and it looks pretty...
Your family will love this simple, savory side with any meal.
Here is a real oven space saver at Thanksgiving!
- 1 (8 inch) pan of cornbread (no sugar)
- 8 Slices of day old white bread
- 4 Eggs
- 1 Medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 Cup Chopped celery (saute the onion and celery together before adding
- 1.5 Tablespoons Sage (or to taste)
- 1 Teaspoon Salt (or to taste)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Black pepper
- 2 Cans Cream of chicken soup
- 2 Cans Chicken broth
- 2 Tablespoons Margarine
Crumble corn bread and white bread into slow cooker; add remaining ingredients and mix well.
Cover and cook on high for 2 hours or on low for 3 to 4 hours.
Stir occasionally and add water or broth if the mixture becomes dry.
May add small amount of cooked turkey or chicken if desired.
Leave a Review
You must be logged in to post a comment.