Slow Cooked Dressing
The Best Chicken And Dressing I've ever eaten. I serve with some cranberry sauce and carrots on the side
This delicious side is not only great for the holidays, but accompanies any main meal. Feel free to add chicken, and it can be your complete dinner! Used...
Chicken Dressing – easy and homemade!
Here is a real oven space saver at Thanksgiving!
- 1 (8 inch) pan of cornbread (no sugar)
- 8 Slices of day old white bread
- 4 Eggs
- 1 Medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 Cup Chopped celery (saute the onion and celery together before adding
- 1.5 Tablespoons Sage (or to taste)
- 1 Teaspoon Salt (or to taste)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Black pepper
- 2 Cans Cream of chicken soup
- 2 Cans Chicken broth
- 2 Tablespoons Margarine
Crumble corn bread and white bread into slow cooker; add remaining ingredients and mix well.
Cover and cook on high for 2 hours or on low for 3 to 4 hours.
Stir occasionally and add water or broth if the mixture becomes dry.
May add small amount of cooked turkey or chicken if desired.
Leave a Review
You must be logged in to post a comment.