Cousin Phyllis’ Chicago Italian Beef
Lean, tender and juicy beef that is perfect on hoagies or yummy by itself! The sauce is smooth and sublime!
- 3 -5 Pounds Roast Beef (chuck, eye of round)
- 1 Can low sodium beef broth
- 1/4 Teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 2 - 3 large, sweet onions
- leftover juices from partially cooked roast
Roast beef in oven until partly done - 1 1/2 hours @ 325 degrees F (uncovered).
Remove roast and slice thin.
Place sliced roast in crock pot.
Place sliced onions on top of sliced beef in crockpot.
Combine pan juices and low sodium beef broth. Pour over sliced beef and onions. Add enough water to just cover the meat in the crockpot.
Cook for 2 - 3 hours on LOW in slow cooker.
Serve on hard rolls or plain w/ juices.
Leave a Review
You must be logged in to post a comment.