Chili Enchilada Casserole
A slightly spicy alternative to stuffed peppers. I combined a few ideas from other recipes and added a few of my own.
Small corn or flour tortillas, Cream of chicken, Chopped green chilies, Sour cream (I use light), Cubed Velveeta (I use 2 % kind), Shredded cheese (cheddar or...
Submitted by Sandy Shelby.
- 2 Pounds extra lean ground beef or ground turkey, browned
- 2 (19 oz) Cans chili with no beans
- 1 (19.75 oz) Can black beans, drained
- 1 (10 oz) Can diced tomatoes with chilies
- 1 (10 oz) Can mild enchilada sauce
- 1 (2.25 oz) Can sliced black olives
- 1 box Mexican style rice with seasonings (I used rice a roni)
- 10 corn tortillas, torn into strips
- 1 Cup shredded cheese
Mix all ingredients except tortillas and shredded cheese in slow cooker.
Cook on LOW for 7 hours, then mix in tortilla strips and top with shredded cheese.
Cook for an additional hour.
Leave a Review
You must be logged in to post a comment.