Jenna’s Chicken Tortilla Soup
I LOVE Chicken Tortilla Soup. It is my favorite soup ever and I just had to come up with my own recipe for it! I loved the idea of not cooking the chicken before adding it to the slow cooker, so that was a must when coming up with this recipe. Top it with some yummy cheese, chips and some avocado and you will see why it is now a staple in my home! Mmmm mmmm good. This soup is a definite crowd pleaser and one of our favorites. It has a little bit of everything and a whole lotta flavor.
Used 6-quart slow cooker
- 2-3 Cups Raw Chicken, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 10oz Can Diced tomatoes with Green Chiles
- 1 8oz Can Tomato Sauce
- 2 14.75oz Cans Chicken Broth
- 1 10.75oz Can Cheddar Cheese Soup
- 2 Cups Carrots
- 1/2 Package Frozen Corn (approx. 1-2 cups)
- 1 Large Onion, chopped
- 2 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 1/2 Tablespoon Chili Powder
Combine all ingredients in the slow cooker, except for the garnishes (Cut up avocado, shredded cheese, tortilla chips).
Cook on HIGH for about 5-6 hours or on LOW for about 8 hours.
Ladle into bowls and top each serving with avocado, cheese, and tortilla chips.
Leave a Review
You must be logged in to post a comment.