Chicken Tortilla Soup 3
We know you’re going to love this creamy, dreamy pasta as much as we do. And so will your kiddos! Submitted by Amanda Stice
Easy and Delicious Beef Stew – A simple and delicious way to make beef stew.
HOOOOORAY for soup season! This soup is a perfect way to kick off the fall season, and its portion size is fitting for The Empty Nester chapter in our NEW...
Chicken Tortilla Soup – Made easy in the slow cooker
- 1 Pound shredded or chopped cooked chicken
- 1 (15 oz) Can whole peeled tomatoes, mashed
- 1 (10 oz) Can enchilada sauce
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (4 oz) Can chopped green chilie peppers
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Cups water
- 1 (14.5 oz) Can chicken broth
- 1 Teaspoon cumin
- 1 Teaspoon chili powder
- 1 Teaspoon salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 (10 oz) Package frozen corn
- 1 Tablespoon chopped cilantro - optional
- 7 corn tortillas or tortilla chips
- Vegetable oil
Place chicken, tomatoes, enchilada sauce, onion, green chilies, and garlic in slow cooker.
Pour in chicken broth and water. Season with cumin, chili powder, salt, pepper, and bay leaf. Stir in corn and cilantro, if using.
Cover, and cook on Low setting for 6 to 8 hours or on High setting for 3 to 4 hours.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
Lightly brush both sides of tortillas with oil.
Cut tortillas into strips, and then spread on a baking sheet.
Bake in preheated oven until crisp, about 10 to 15 minutes.
To serve, sprinkle tortilla strips or chips over soup.
Leave a Review
You must be logged in to post a comment.