Chicken Tortilla Soup 3
This is such a great recipe for the cool months, and it is also nice that it is a hearty enough soup to “stand alone”. We chose to serve ours with some...
Creamy, yummy comfort food -- with added veggies!
Salsa Verde Chicken – A tasty recipe for the slow cooker.
Chicken Tortilla Soup – Made easy in the slow cooker
- 1 Pound shredded or chopped cooked chicken
- 1 (15 oz) Can whole peeled tomatoes, mashed
- 1 (10 oz) Can enchilada sauce
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (4 oz) Can chopped green chilie peppers
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Cups water
- 1 (14.5 oz) Can chicken broth
- 1 Teaspoon cumin
- 1 Teaspoon chili powder
- 1 Teaspoon salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 (10 oz) Package frozen corn
- 1 Tablespoon chopped cilantro - optional
- 7 corn tortillas or tortilla chips
- Vegetable oil
Place chicken, tomatoes, enchilada sauce, onion, green chilies, and garlic in slow cooker.
Pour in chicken broth and water. Season with cumin, chili powder, salt, pepper, and bay leaf. Stir in corn and cilantro, if using.
Cover, and cook on Low setting for 6 to 8 hours or on High setting for 3 to 4 hours.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
Lightly brush both sides of tortillas with oil.
Cut tortillas into strips, and then spread on a baking sheet.
Bake in preheated oven until crisp, about 10 to 15 minutes.
To serve, sprinkle tortilla strips or chips over soup.
Leave a Review
You must be logged in to post a comment.