Chicken Chow Mein
Ground beef, Dried oregano, Chopped onion, Dried basil, Minced garlic, Lasagna noodles, Tomato sauce, Tomato paste, Salt, Ricotta cheese, Grated Parmesan, and...
This soup is a great mix between a vegan chili and black bean soup! Serve over cooked brown rice or brown penne pasta for an even heartier meal! Even my...
This is a classic dish from the Philippines, modified to work great in the slow cooker. This is the easiest and the most tastiest chicken dinner you will ever...
Chicken chow mein is made easy in the slow cooker!
- 1-2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 and 1/2 Pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut in 1/2 to 1 inch chunks
- 4 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 6-8 green onions, sliced, including green
- 1 and 1/2 Cups thinly sliced celery
- 1 Cup chicken broth
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 1/3 Cup soy sauce
- 1/4 Teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 Teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 medium clove garlic, minced
- 8 Ounces bean sprouts
- 8 Ounces water chestnuts, sliced
- 1/4 Cup cornstarch
- 1/3 Cup water
Heat oil in skillet and brown chicken.
Place chicken in slow cooker and combine all ingredients except cornstarch and water .
Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours. Turn slow cooker to high.
Combine cornstarch and cold water in a small bowl; stir until mixture is dissolved. Stir into the slow cooker.
Keeping cover slightly ajar to allow steam to escape, cook on HIGH until thickened, about 15-30 minutes.
Serve over rice or Chinese noodles.
Leave a Review
You must be logged in to post a comment.