Chicken Chow Mein
The yummy tang of fresh cranberries combines with savory cinnamon and ginger to make a completely delicious fall crockin' meal!
Split Pea Soup – A great recipe for Split Pea Soup
This soup really hit the spot for us and with its mix of textures and flavors it has a little something for everyone. And since it is filling, without being...
Chicken chow mein is made easy in the slow cooker!
- 1-2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 and 1/2 Pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut in 1/2 to 1 inch chunks
- 4 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 6-8 green onions, sliced, including green
- 1 and 1/2 Cups thinly sliced celery
- 1 Cup chicken broth
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 1/3 Cup soy sauce
- 1/4 Teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 Teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 medium clove garlic, minced
- 8 Ounces bean sprouts
- 8 Ounces water chestnuts, sliced
- 1/4 Cup cornstarch
- 1/3 Cup water
Heat oil in skillet and brown chicken.
Place chicken in slow cooker and combine all ingredients except cornstarch and water .
Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours. Turn slow cooker to high.
Combine cornstarch and cold water in a small bowl; stir until mixture is dissolved. Stir into the slow cooker.
Keeping cover slightly ajar to allow steam to escape, cook on HIGH until thickened, about 15-30 minutes.
Serve over rice or Chinese noodles.
Leave a Review
You must be logged in to post a comment.