6 quart or larger slow cooker Serves 8 to 10 Healthy eating isn’t always easy, but crockin’ your meal makes it a whole lot easier! This healthy...
Sooo easy and fast. I cook this in a smaller round Crock-Pot® so recipe may need to be doubled for a bigger one.
Super easy to make and so delicious! All it takes is ramen noodles, shredded cabbage, almonds, white wine vinegar, and sugar.
This takes a lot of time to make, but it makes a lot. I freeze in batches using a vacuum sealer, then cook when desired. (I have like sized ingredients to save space so be sure to read all ingredients)
As I said, this takes a lot of time, but it is enough for 12 people, so you could make several meals at a time, or share the burden with a friend, and share the results.
If you have a food processor, it might save time with the chopping.
I place them in foil baking containers, enough for a single family meal, then vacuum seal and freeze. In that case, divide the sauce up equally between all containers. When cooking add the water to cover the rolls. I place them frozen in slow cooker, and cook low for 6-8 hours.
This is a Cajun recipe so it very flavorful.
If there is filling left, and sometimes there is, I use to either make a meatloaf, or add to meatloaf for another meal
- 1 Pound Lean ground pork AND lean ground round
- 1/2 Pound Ground pork sausage
- 1 1/2 Cups Raw long grain rice
- 1 Cup Finely chopped onion AND finely raw cabbage
- 2 1/2 Cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 Cup Finely chopped bell pepper
- 1/4 Cup Minced celery AND minced fresh parsley
- 3 Teaspoons Beef Seasoning
- 1/2 Teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 Teaspoon Lemon sauce AND Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Large heads of cabbage, and water to steam cabbage
- 3 Teaspoons Bacon grease
- 1 Large onion chopped
- 2 Stalks celery chopped
- 1/2 Cup Bell pepper, chopped
- 2 Cloves of garlic minced
- 1 (14.5 oz) Can Stewed tomatoes
- 1 (15 oz) Can Tomato sauce
- 1 (8 oz) Can Tomato sauce
- 1 1/4 Teaspoon Beef seasoning
- 1/2 Teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 2 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Bay leaf
- 1/2 Teaspoon Sweet basil
- 1/3 Teaspoon Black pepper
- 1/4 Cup Salt
- 1/4 Cup Paprika
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Garlic powder AND onion powder
- 1 1/4 Teaspoons Red pepper
- 1 Tablespoon White pepper AND finely ground black pepper
- 1 Teaspoon Dry mustard AND sweet basil
- 1/2 Teaspoon File powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon Ground bay leaves
- 1/8 Teaspoon Thyme
Mix all ingredients and story tightly covered in a glass jar to use as needed. Do not use extra salt when using this.
To make the rolls
In a large mixing bowl, mix all the ingredients listed for the rolls, except for the cabbage heads.
Remove outer leaves of cabbage.
Steam or boil until the leaves loosen, donâ€™t cook them, you just want them to removed from the head. If any break, you can chop them up to
add to the mix, or use them to line the slow cooker.
As they loosen, (you can notch out the hard center core,) fill the leaf with a heaping TBS of the meat/rice mix, roll away from you and secure with toothpick, or place on platter seam side down. This is where a friend comes in handy, production line maneuvers.
In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt the bacon grease, sautÃ© the raw vegetables and garlic for about 7 minutes.
Add the tomato pieces (reserve the liquid) and sautÃ© for another 3 more minutes, then add the liquid from the tomato pieces and the tomato sauce.
Cook for 5 minutes and add the rest of the seasoning, then cook for 10 minutes at a simmer.
To cook now, place rolls in very large slow cooker and pour the sauce over them, then add water to cover the rolls.
Cook on low for 4-6 hours.
Leave a Review
You must be logged in to post a comment.