Cabbage Patch Soup
Grandma's cookin' and childhood toys sure bring back lots of warm fuzzies! Here is a yummy Cabbage Patch Soup recipe that is a combination of both! Thanks to my Aunt Sherry for sharing this delicious "hit the spot" recipe from my Grandma Stone's kitchen!
- 1 pound ground beef, browned and drained
- 4 ribs celery, coarsely chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 cup baby carrots, cut in 1/2
- 2 (15-ounce) cans Ranch Style Beans (with juice)
- 2 (16-ounce) cans diced tomatoes (with juice)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion salt
- dash of cayenne pepper
- 1 to 2 cups water
- 1/2 head of cabbage, shredded
Place first three ingredients in a skillet and brown until it crumbles (meat doesn't have to be cooked all the way through), drain, and place in slow cooker.
Add rest of the ingredients, except for cabbage and mix well.
Place shredded cabbage on top leaving it as a layer on top (do not mix).
Cook on LOW for 8 to 10 hours or HIGH for 6 hours.
Two hours before of chosen cooking time is over, stir cabbage into soup. Serve with cornbread and enjoy.
Leave a Review
You must be logged in to post a comment.