I love broccoli soup but decided one day to make it much healthier than the previous recipe I had used. Substituting water for chicken broth and using 98% fat free cream soup, and a healthy choice corn worked in producing a healthier soup and is still very DELICIOUS!
- 6 Cups Broccoli
- 1 large crown Whole Mexican Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 1/2 Pound Whole kernel corn drained, unsalted
- 1-14 oz. Can Cream of Mushroom soup 98% fat free
- 1-10.75 oz. Can Matchstick carrots or grated
- 1 Cup Salt and pepper to taste
Cut up washed broccoli into florets. Place in bottom of crockpot and cover with enough water to cover the broccoli entirely.
Add drained corn, cream of mushroom soup, carrots, salt and pepper and mix well.
Cook on low 3-3 1/2 hours, stirring occasionally.
Before serving add cubed Mexican cheese and cook until cheese melts, stirring constantly. Serve hot. Soup can be garnished with garlic croutons, tortilla chip strips, or mini-saltine crackers. Enjoy!
Leave a Review
You must be logged in to post a comment.