Big Mama’s Broccoli Rice Casserole
This recipe is a family favorite because it's delicious and easily made with ingredients found in the pantry
This low fat Mexican fiesta chicken is a great alternative to fast food! Not only is this Mexican fiesta chicken healthy, it is quick and easy to make!
Our daughter’s middle name is Lee and my mother’s maiden name was Lee. We all sang while we cooked. There was a recipe basic with ground beef and...
Taking an old family favorite and making it in the slow cooker y'all! My great grandma, "Big Mama", taught the women in our family how to get around the kitchen and was always making something up for us when we would visit. We really miss her home cooking and this is a perfect way to pay tribute to her!
- 1 (24-ounce) bag frozen cut broccoli
- 2 2/3 Cups quick-cooking rice (uncooked)
- 1 stick butter, cut into pieces
- 2 Cans cream soup (Big Mama used cream of celery, we used cream of mushroom)
- 2 (15-ounce) Jars Cheez Whiz
- 1 Cup onion, chopped
- 1 Cup celery, chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
Add all ingredients to the slow cooker, mixing well to ensure the rice cooks.
Cook on LOW for 6 hours or on HIGH for 3 to 4 hours.
Leave a Review
You must be logged in to post a comment.