Big Mama’s Broccoli Rice Casserole
Easy cheesy Sloppy Joes – great for kids and outdoor parties!
Combined a few different recepies and tips from a few friends.
By request, here's my Porcupine Meatballs recipe for the slow cooker. Kids love them, but they also make a great sandwich or appetizer.
Taking an old family favorite and making it in the slow cooker y'all! My great grandma, "Big Mama", taught the women in our family how to get around the kitchen and was always making something up for us when we would visit. We really miss her home cooking and this is a perfect way to pay tribute to her!
- 1 (24-ounce) bag frozen cut broccoli
- 2 2/3 Cups quick-cooking rice (uncooked)
- 1 stick butter, cut into pieces
- 2 Cans cream soup (Big Mama used cream of celery, we used cream of mushroom)
- 2 (15-ounce) Jars Cheez Whiz
- 1 Cup onion, chopped
- 1 Cup celery, chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
Add all ingredients to the slow cooker, mixing well to ensure the rice cooks.
Cook on LOW for 6 hours or on HIGH for 3 to 4 hours.
Leave a Review
You must be logged in to post a comment.