Beef Vegetable Stew
Beef comes out so tender and the kiddos will love getting to pick their own toppings! Try the Game Day Chicken Tacos Too!...
Steak Fajitas - A delicious and easy to make recipe.
This is my hubby’s favorite chili! Makes a thick and hearty meal the day you make it, but it’s even tastier the next day.
I serve this with cornbread, so after putting everything in the pot, I make the cornbread and by the time it is done (about 30 minutes), the stew is ready.
- 1 Pound Lean beef stew meat
- 1/3 Medium onion, chopped into large pieces
- 2 - 3 Medium potatoes, peeled and cut into bite size pieces
- 2 - 3 Carrots, peeled and cut into bite size pieces
- 2 Cans Tomato sauce
- 1 (14.5 oz) Can Green beans, drained
- 1 (7 oz) Can Whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (8.5 oz) Can Sweet green peas, drained
- 6 - 7 Beef bouillon cubes
Brown the stew meat in a small amount of oil or bacon grease, and add salt and pepper to your liking.
Drain and put in slow cooker with onion, potatoes, carrots, tomato sauce and enough water to make the stew however juicy you like.
I usually almost fill the slow cooker.
Stir ingredients and cook on high about an hour.
Then turn to low and cook 24 hours (I usually put this on in the evening after we have eaten dinner, then we have it the next night).
About 30-45 minutes before serving, transfer the stew to a large pot and add the green beans, corn, peas and bouillon cubes.
Simmer until the cubes are dissolved.
Leave a Review
You must be logged in to post a comment.