Chicken a la King – recipe made in slow cooker
Merry Christmas from the Crockin’ Girls! We gave a gift for you that can’t be wrapped up and put under the tree- it’s a stress free Christmas...
Italian Wedding Soup – Great recipe for Italian wedding soup, made easy in the slow cooker
Beef Bourguignon – An easy to make meal
- 2 Pounds Stew meat
- 1/3 Cup All purpose flour
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Pepper
- 1 Bag of baby carrots
- 1 Bag of frozen pearl onions
- 8 Ounces Whole baby portabella mushrooms
- 3 Teaspoons Garlic, minced
- 1 Bay leaf
- 1 Tablespoon Tomato paste (mix with liquids prior to adding)
- 10.5 oz Can Beef consommÃ©
- 3/4 Cup Red wine
- 1 Tablespoon Herbs du Provence or could use combination of thyme/rosemary
- Sprinkle of pepper
Combine flour, salt and pepper, and meat in a bowl and toss.
Then either dump all in the slow cooker or quickly brown meat in a skillet then add to the slow cooker.
Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours.
Then use ladle to get out as much liquid as you can into a deep skillet and boil to reduce sauce and thicken with a little cornstarch mixed with water.
Serve with creamed potatoes.
Leave a Review
You must be logged in to post a comment.