Baby Bella Beef Stroganoff
Gambrill Pot Roast – A delicious, slow cooked recipe.
This is my family's top 3 favorite dinners. Beef Stroganoff made with fresh minced garlic, onion and Crimini mushrooms. It is a hearty, stick to your ribs comfort food. Serve it over egg noodles with a side salad or vegetable and it will surely be your new family fav!!!
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons minced garlic
- 16 Ounces fresh sliced Crimini (baby bellas) Mushrooms(rinsed & patted dry)
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 Pounds ground beef (I use 80/20)
- 3 Cans Cream of Mushroom Soup (I prefer low sodium)
- 1 Package Lipton Onion Soup Mix or Onion & Mushroom
- 1 Package Philadelphia Cream Cheese (or any brand you like)
- 8 Ounces sour cream ( I prefer Daisy)
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
Saute' onion, garlic and mushrooms in approximately 2 Tablespoons of vegetable oil until onions become translucent.
Add ground beef to onion, garlic and mushroom mixture. Salt and pepper to taste. Optional-I am heavy handed on the seasonings so I also add just a pinch of garlic powder and onion powder to the meat when browning. Brown meat until slightly still pink. Do not overcook because the meat can turn out tough and you want the flavors to come together in your crock.
Add beef mixture to slow cooker. Stir in 3 cans cream of mushroom soup (you can use 2 cans if you want it slightly tighter), and 1 pkg. onion soup mix. Once mixed, cut cream cheese into chunks and mix thoroughly.
Cook on low setting for about 4 hours. My crock tends to run on the hotter side, so please check yours while cooking for the first time.
About 30 mins. before done, stir in sour cream just to heat through.
I prefer to serve my Stroganoff over wide egg noodles, but it can be eaten alone, on toast, rice or whatever you wish.
Leave a Review
You must be logged in to post a comment.