Aunt Ollie’s English Pea Salad
Corn and Frito Salad for Summer from Aunt Sherry
Old family recipe that is made every family reunion in West Virginia
This is my Granddaughters favorite summer salad. I try to make it for her and her friends. Great on a hot day
This was always a favorite of mine growing up. My Aunt always made it when she knew we would be visiting.
- 2 Cans LeSueur English Peas drained
- 4 Ounces Chopped pimentoes
- 1/2 Pound Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 2 Stalks Celery finely diced
- 2 Teaspoons sugar
- 2 Teaspoons salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 Tablespoons Finely chopped onions
- 1/2 Cup Mayonnaise or to taste
In a medium bowl combine the peas, pimentoes, cheese celery, sugar salt, cayenne pepper and onion mix well.
add mayonnaise and stir to mix
place in refrigerator for a couple of hours before serving.
Leave a Review
You must be logged in to post a comment.