You'll love our updated twist on this old-fashioned favorite, which pairs perfectly with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Used 6-quart slow cooker
- 1 Cup All-purpose flour
- 1/2 Cup Light brown sugar
- 1 Cup White sugar, separated
- 1 Teaspoon Ground cinammon
- 1/4 Teaspoon Ground nutmeg
- 1 Pinch of salt
- 1/2 Cup Butter (1 stick, cut into pieces)
- 1 Cup Chopped walnuts
- 1 Tablespoon Cornstarch
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground ginger
- 6 Cups Apple cored, chopped (peeled if desired)
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
Mix flour, brown sugar, Â½ cup of white sugar, Â½ teaspoon cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt together in a bowl
Combine butter in with the mixture using a fork or your fingers until coarse crumbs form. Stir in walnuts and set aside
Whisk together 1/2 cup sugar, cornstarch, ginger, and Â½ teaspoon cinnamon
Place the apples in the bottom of the slow-cooker, then stir in the cornstarch mixture; toss with lemon juice
Sprinkle the walnut crumb topping (step 1 mixture) over the top.
Cover and cook on HIGH for 2 hours or LOW for 4 hours, until apples are tender.
After cooking time is complete, uncover the slow cooker to allow the topping to harden for about an hour. We serve this dish with vanilla ice cream!
Leave a Review
You must be logged in to post a comment.