This is my Granddaughters favorite summer salad. I try to make it for her and her friends. Great on a hot day
Strawberry, Spinach and Walnut Salad – super easy
Watermelon, Tomato and Feta Cheese Salad perfect for summertime!
This isn't made in the crock but has become a go to recipe for family BBQ's. Not sure about the servings. The only thing that needs to be cooked is the pasta.
- 1 Pound Rotini Pasta
- 3/4 Cup virgin olive oil
- 1/2 Cup Red wine vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon dried oregano
- 1/2 Teaspoon salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon black pepper
- 1 Cup chopped green pepper
- 1 Cup chopped fresh tomato
- 1 Cup chopped onion (red or yellow)
- 1/4 Pound cubed Provolone cheese ( I usually use 6 slices)
- 1/2 Pound Hard salami (about 10 slices) cut into 1/2 inch strips
- 2.5 oz Can sliced black olives (optional)
- 15 oz Can Chick peas drained and rinsed (optional)
Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Rinse with cold water to cool quickly; drain well.
In a small bowl whisk together oil, vinegar, sugar and seasonings.
In a large bowl, combine pasta, dressing and remaining ingredients. Cover and refridgerate.
Leave a Review
You must be logged in to post a comment.