Work and Crockpot cooking

This topic has 6 voices, contains 6 replies, and was last updated by Judy Judy Sep 4th, 4:33pm ago.

Creator Topic
August 27, 2012 at 12:14 pm #9650
Mara

I have to work all day, usually about 10 hours altogether away from the house. I would really like to be able to make meals in the crockpot because I have kids that play sports and it would be so much easier. But when I leave a meal in the crockpot for that long it usually ends up burning. Do you have any suggestions for how I can cook in my crockpot while away at work and not ruin the meal? Thanks!

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
August 28, 2012 at 10:55 am #9746
kelli

I have this exact same question. My husband could actually run home in the middle of the day and turn it on, but I would need to at least have all of the ingredients togehter in the crockpot (either in the refrigerator or out). Are either of those options safe? Thanks!

August 28, 2012 at 1:54 pm #9773
Crockin Girls Crockin Girls

It is real easy to make a lot of these crockin’ meals cook longer in the slow cooker. We actually offer some recipes and a video for this specific purpose. http://crockingirls.com/recipes/cheddar-vegetable-sausage-casserole/?autoplay=1#video

September 4, 2012 at 12:52 am #10415
Ashley

I work long days (10 and 12 hour shifts at the hospital). After cooking, I let my crock auto switch to the “warm” setting. You can safely do this for up to 4 hours I’ve read. So food is still hot, but not burned or overcooked when you get home.

September 4, 2012 at 8:06 am #10429
Darlene

I also work away from home and have to leave my crockpot on for 10 hours on some days. My question is about the programable crockpots. I was told that if your power goes out that the programable crockpots do not come back on automatically. Due to the fact that our power blinks off often in our area, I would not want to come home to a ruined meal, as to the fact that the manual ones comes back on when the power returns. That is why I never bought a programable crockpot. Is this true?

September 4, 2012 at 2:16 pm #10477
Crockin Girls Crockin Girls

Darlene, I bet you’re right. Since it is automatic, it would switch off.

September 4, 2012 at 4:33 pm #10494
Judy Judy

I have one that has a timer on it, and it will switch to WARM mode and stops the meal from burning…it was worth the investment…I also have the double insert so that I can fix the meat in one and sides in the other side…Darlene, yes the programmable ones do not come back on…that is the down side to the crock I have…but I have found a solution to that, since our power on blinks, I use the “old” computer back up battery device that I replaced–if the electricity comes back on within 30-90 seconds, my crock pot stays on…

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login here »