Still too many options

This topic has 12 voices, contains 30 replies, and was last updated by Ashley Sep 4th, 12:43am ago.

Creator Topic
June 19, 2012 at 5:42 pm #5898
Jennifer

So….I want to start Crockin – I am not a cook. I don’t plan on getting more than one Crock. I just want to invest in one Crock – which one and why still to many choices…which is the BEST ONE to have!!

Thanks

Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
July 19, 2012 at 6:15 am #7431
Carly

I am seeing lots of reviews on amazon that the kitchen aid crock cracks. Which makes me nervous about spending that much money. Do you have the link or model number for the Hamilton Beach crock that you talk about in crockin’ 101. I would like to do some more research. Also I just wanted to clarify..the GE and Hamilton Beach will actually cook true to cooking times in recipes? I have a rival crock and it cooks everything very fast, and often meat is dry. I often cook chicken from frozen on low and it is done in 4 hrs.

July 19, 2012 at 9:05 am #7432
Crockin Girls Crockin Girls

Calina,
We’ve never had the problem with the Kitchen Aid cracking. Here is the Hamilton Beach Slow Cooker: http://www.hamiltonbeach.com/products/stay-or-go-slow-cookers-set–forget-6-qt-programmable-slow-cooker-33969.html
I’ve not heard of any problems with times and the fact that it is programmable really helps with getting things more exact. Hope this helps.

July 19, 2012 at 11:59 am #7439
Carly

Thank you!

July 20, 2012 at 6:22 am #7456
Nancy

I have the Hamilton Beach Stay and Go Programmable and love it. My sister just bought the Hamilton Beach Stove Top Programmable slow cooker from Target and loves hers. It has the aluminum insert that you can use to brown meat in.

July 20, 2012 at 6:28 am #7457
Carly

Thanks Nancy. All the reviews are so mixed on the crocks. Does your sister’s have Teflon for a nonstick coating? I am worried about it peeling over time. I am trying to decide between yours (the stay and go) and the stove top one.

July 20, 2012 at 6:31 am #7458
Nancy

Calina, I’m not sure if her’s has the nonstick lining. I’ll check with her later. I’m on the east coast and she’s on the west coast so it will be a few hours. In the meantime, here’s the link to hers:

http://www.target.com/p/hamilton-beach-stovetop-slow-cooker-black-silver-6-quart/-/A-13742427

July 20, 2012 at 8:38 am #7463
Nancy

Calina,
I just checked with my sister, and it does have the nonstick lining.

August 21, 2012 at 4:00 pm #9297
Joni Joni

Programmable and 6 quart. (not too big and not too small) :)

August 21, 2012 at 8:05 pm #9310
Carly

Joni, which one do you have? I am still torn between the Hamilton Beach and the GE.

August 21, 2012 at 8:07 pm #9311
Carly

Joni, which one do you have? I am still trying to decide on the hamilton beach or the GE.

August 24, 2012 at 2:38 pm #9492
Cecilia

In Sweden we have only got 3 different slowcoockers to chose from so there are no problem to chose. Lucky me :)

August 26, 2012 at 7:28 am #9551
Julie

I have the old style Hamilton Beach 6quart that I received over 10 years ago as a wedding gift. It has been great for me but only has high 4 hour or 6 hour and low 8 and 10 hour and then it goes to warm FOREVER. However, yesterday I received my grand prize crock from the Crockin’ Girls. It is the GE programmable and I’ve already baked peach cobbler in it and it c”ROCKS!” It has the ability to go as short a time as 30 minutes and has presets of certain length at high and then the rest low and then warm, etc. Cleans like a dream, has a glass lid to see what you’re making AND the lid locks so it doesn’t jump around from the steam. Best part…it was less than $40! according to the receipt that came with it. ENJOY!

August 26, 2012 at 11:35 pm #9608
Crockin Girls Crockin Girls

Congrats, Julie!

August 31, 2012 at 9:33 pm #10193
Margaret M.

Like Jennifer, I am looking to buy a crock pot. I was ready to order the All-Clad but read many bad reviews. So, I began to look into the Kitchen Aid, and, it had bad reviews, as well. Help, Please!

September 4, 2012 at 12:43 am #10414
Ashley

I Also read some bad reviews on the all clad and kitchen aide. I’m sure they are great crocks, but I too would hate to spend that much $$$ on something that may have problems. I have the Hamilton Beach (the one with the thermometer/temp probe, think it was around $50), and I just bought the GE at wal mart because I needed a 2nd slow cooker. Both of these are fabulous and under $50. Honestly, I don’t think you have to have to have a fancy high dollar crock unless you just really want one. The Hamilton Beach and GE work great, are programmable, and auto switch to warm. And they are big (6 quart). The GE is non stick so you can only use certain utensils in it. The hamilton beach is ceramic so you cant scratch it. So if you are new to crockin just go to target or wal mart and get one of these. You won’t be disappointed! Hope this helps…………

Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login here »