Spanish Rice

This topic has 5 voices, contains 4 replies, and was last updated by Krissi Krissi Oct 16th, 2:59pm ago.

Creator Topic
October 10, 2012 at 11:43 am #12689
Tasha

Is there a recipe for crock pot spanish rice?? My family LOVES spanish rice but I don’t LOVE to cook it :) Looking for an easier way Thanks!!

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
October 11, 2012 at 2:02 pm #12729
Crockin Girls Crockin Girls

We do not have a spanish rice recipe at this time. There’s a pre-mixed box of spanish rice that I usually make…sorry.

October 15, 2012 at 4:19 pm #12917
felix

i have a recipe for spanish rice not for crock pot though.. 1 cup white rice,1 medium sized tomato,1 jalapeno pepper,and a can of stewed tomatoes.in large skillet heat up a little bit of olive oil ,add rice stir untill browned slice and dice tomato put in skillet or pan slice jalapeno take out seeds add to pan add can of stewed tomatoes stir around then add 2 cups water bring to boil add cover turn down to simmer and simmer for about 45 minutes..presto mexican rice ..

October 15, 2012 at 4:21 pm #12918
Wanetta W.

Tasha, I don’t have a crock recipe for it, but I have a super simple recipe! Maybe you can turn it into a crock recipe if you are creative like I am NOT.
Saute’ 1-3 cloves of chopped garlic in 1/4 cup of vegetable oil in a pot you normally make your rice in that will have a lid. Add 1 cup of rice, stir until golden, not browned. Add 2 cups of chicken broth and 1/4 cup of Pace Chunky or whatever you have on hand, salsa. Give the entire pot a stir, put the lid on and turn the heat to very low. Allow the rice to simmer 15 minutes on low then turn the heat off and let stand with the lid on for 5 more minutes. Remove the lid and give the rice a stir to fluff it and serve!

October 16, 2012 at 2:58 pm #12987
Krissi Krissi

Simple Crock Pot Spanish Rice
Ingredients:
1 2 cups rice, white or brown
1 1 onion, diced (1/2 cup)
1 1 green bell pepper, diced (1/2 cup)
1 1 can (15 oz) tomatoes, diced
1 1 3/4 cup water or vegetable broth
1 1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 2 tsp chili powder
1 1 tsp onion powder
1 1/4 cup salsa

Spray bottom and sides of crock pot. Combine all ingredients.
Cook on low 6-8 hours.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login here »