Need a new crockpot

This topic has 14 voices, contains 18 replies, and was last updated by Crockin Girls Crockin Girls Feb 12th, 1:42pm ago.

Creator Topic
June 5, 2012 at 3:27 pm #5136
Carol T.

I think both my current crock pots must cook at too high temps. I started a recipe last night at 11 p.m. for oatmeal (the one with apple and cinnamon)… recipe said to cook it for 7 hours on low. I happened to wake up around 3:30 and checked on it… it was already done (even to the point of getting mushy) and was starting to “crust” around the top edges. If I had cooked it for the full 7 hours, I am sure it would have burned. What is the best option for a crock (preferrably one that can be programmed)? Most of the ones I see can be set for a certain # hours, is there anything on the market that can be set with a delay time setting and/or one that would allow me to set the temperature?

Viewing 3 replies - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
September 28, 2012 at 5:39 pm #12038
Linda

Would like to know if anyone has ever used the WestBend programmable crockpot. It sits on top of the heating element and this can be used also for a griddle. The pot itself can be used in the oven, on the stovetop, and also can be placed in freezer. If so, would like to know your thoughts on it. Westbend.com or amazon.com It lists between 59 to 79.

February 9, 2013 at 1:43 pm #18104
Kay

I talked with a customer service person at Hamilton Beach yesterday and asked if they made a slow cooker with a “delay-start” feature. She did some research for me on their different models and called me back. She claims their “Deluxe Set’n Forget 6-Qt. Slow Cooker”, Model #33862 DOES have the “delay-start” feature. Does anyone own this slow cooker, and does it really have a “delay-start” feature? Thanks for any help!

February 12, 2013 at 1:41 pm #18212
Crockin Girls Crockin Girls

Kay, I have one of these. It does not have a delay start. It is programmable and when the cook time is done, it switches to warm. This way your food get done and stays warm until you get home.
Linda, I have not tried the WestBend but love the amenities it offers.
Carol, Manufacturers do not make a delay start because it would keep food at an unsafe temperature.

Viewing 3 replies - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login here »