Looking for recommendations for lead free and cadmium free crocks

This topic has 2 voices, contains 3 replies, and was last updated by Shayla A. May 25th, 11:48pm ago.

Creator Topic
May 25, 2012 at 1:17 pm #4575
Shayla A.

I sadly found out that a few of my crocks (I have 6 total) are known for containing lead either in the glaze or in the crock itself. Is there any recommendations for crocks that do not contain lead or cadmium. I hear everyone say this one does or that one does, but when I go to the websites, I can’t find any information confirming that it is true.

I do use the inserts for the crocks as well, but I don’t want that as a permanent solution to my crocking dilemma.

TIA!

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
May 25, 2012 at 11:26 pm #4670
Mildred C. Mildred C.

Shayla, I am in the same quest as you are, so far I was able to read Hamilton beach brand states in their website they are lead free… I hope this is the case.
Do you mind sharing what brands you have?

May 25, 2012 at 11:46 pm #4674
Shayla A.

I have a few Rival (Crockpot brand) 6 qt, 4qt and a tiny one or two quart one, and two off brand ones from Aldi’s (I can’t get to them at the moment to look). I have one large Hamilton Beach too (I think a 7 qt). There is one called Vita something or other that is supposed to be clay only, and the Sunpentown SC-5355 is supposed to be listed as lead free. Cuisinart cookers are also supposed to be lead free, but nothing on any of the websites specifically say that they *ARE* lead free…

May 25, 2012 at 11:48 pm #4675
Shayla A.

BTW, the Aldi’s crock brand is “crofton”….

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login here »