In need!

This topic has 5 voices, contains 5 replies, and was last updated by Gina Jun 26th, 9:22pm ago.

Creator Topic
May 22, 2012 at 7:45 pm #4376
Andi M. Andi M.

My slow cooker is oooold. I think it’s a Rival, not sure what size. Handle is broken, lid is loose. Would love any recommendations y’all have.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
May 26, 2012 at 8:28 pm #4719
Cheryl M.

Found this on the website – lists the CGs’ recommendations.

http://www.crockingirls.com/crockin-101/

May 29, 2012 at 9:44 am #4784
Joni Joni

I have a fairly new one that I LOVE. It the Hamilton Beach 6 qt programmable Stay or Go slow cooker. It has a locking lid so that you can take it in the car without worrying about spills and comes with a spoon that locks on to the lid. Also, for recipes that don’t have to cook as long as others, it’s great to set a timer when I leave for work and not worry about if I get home later than expected cause it will automatically cut to “warm” when the time runs out. Or you can set it like a traditional cooker OR you can use the meat thermometer that comes with it and it turns off when your food get to the desired temp.
BUT… Be sure you don’t lock the lid down while you are cooking in it because the pressure with break the glass lid. The latches are for traveling purpose only.
Good luck in your search! :)

June 18, 2012 at 10:36 pm #5818
Gina

Joni,

Thanks for your suggestion. That is the crock pot I am considering.

Gina

June 26, 2012 at 7:38 pm #6190
Marcia K.

If its not too late…I also love my Hamilton Beach Stay or Go. Some models ‘say’ they are programmable, but they aren’t ‘fully’ programmable. Meaning you still can only choose 4, 6, 8 or 10 hours. This model cooks from 30 mts to 12 hours. I love making side dishes that only cook for 2 hours and having the flexibility to cook on the half hour. The liner seems to be made better than others I looked at. I haven’t used the probe yet, but it’s a great feature. The stainless steel cleans easy-unlike some types of stainless. My sister just bought this one based on my recommendstion and constant Facebook posting of my crock foods :)

June 26, 2012 at 9:22 pm #6191
Gina

You are definitely not too late. I was going to buy one this weekend. Thanks for the info as that is the one I was looking at.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login here »