Help!!!

This topic has 3 voices, contains 3 replies, and was last updated by Crockin Girls Crockin Girls Jun 4th, 11:39pm ago.

Creator Topic
May 29, 2012 at 12:15 pm #4840
Donna W.

What in the crock did I do wrong? I made the Crockin’ Lasagna last night, and the whole thing fell apart. After this happened, I went to the site to look at the recipe there (since I used the cookbook originally) and saw where someone questioned what sized jars of marinara sauce…and you replied 15 oz jars. I used two 24 oz jars…probably problem. Ugh. Anyways, when you state marinara sauce…do you just mean spaghetti sauce?? Don’t get me wrong, it tasted great…but looked like a big heaping mess!! lol

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
May 29, 2012 at 3:37 pm #4848
Crockin Girls Crockin Girls

Marinara is a little bit different than spaghetti sauce but just in taste. You can use either one with no problem.
Did you drain the meat before putting it in? The grease could cause things to be a bit messier.
You might also try cooking a little longer as long as your noodles were ok. Gives everything a chance to firm up a little more.
You do want to use the 15 oz jars.
Sorry it was a mess.

June 4, 2012 at 4:53 pm #5070
Peggy L.

My crockpot lasagna never looks as nice as from the oven. It is a little “looser.” You really have to scoop it out rather than serve pretty slices. But it tastes great and it’s easy. So for weeknight family dinners, the slow cooker is the way to go. But if we’re having company, I go for the traditional baked. Just MHO.

June 4, 2012 at 11:39 pm #5078
Crockin Girls Crockin Girls

Did you try taking it out of the crock? If you did then that’s a problem! You have to serve it from the crock, just as Peggy said. Also, be sure to let it rest about 30 minutes before serving….

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login here »